Updated: Feb 11, 2021
Each month, the Food Shelf selects a Recipe of the Month, and provides shoppers with all the ingredients necessary to prepare the dish, along with a recipe card. Our February, 2021 Recipe of the Month is Baked Macaroni & Cheese, and is available beginning Monday, February 9th, while supplies last.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Ingredients: 1 16 ounce box elbow pasta
11⁄2 cup butter 6 tbsp flour 4 cups of milk
4 cups of shredded cheese
1 cup croutons for topping, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook elbow macaroni for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, cover and set
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter on low. Blend in the flour.
4. Cook until the mixture is smooth and bubbly; gradually adding the milk.
5. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils; reduce heat stirring constantly for 1 minute.
6. Remove from heat and gradually mix in cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
7. Add pasta, mix together lightly. Pour into large casserole
baking dish. Top with crushed croutons. Bake 20-25 minutes.
This recipe was adapted from Food.com.