Each month, the Food Shelf selects a Recipe of the Month, and provides shoppers with all the ingredients necessary to prepare the dish, along with a recipe card. Our October 2021 Recipe of the Month is Easy Chicken Pot Pie, and is available beginning Tuesday, October 12th, while supplies last.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
1 ½ lbs of chicken breast, cubed
1 pkg Stove Top Stuffing mix
1 2/3 cups of hot water
1 pkg frozen mixed vegetables
1 can (10-3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut chicken breast into small cubes. Place in a medium size skillet with a small amount of water. Cook over medium/high heat about 10 minutes, until juices run clear. Drain and set aside.
3. Add hot water to stuffing mix, stir until moistened. Set aside.
5. Combine chicken and vegetables in a 2 quart casserole. Mix the soup and milk; pour over chicken mixture.
6. Distribute the stuffing evenly over top of the chicken.
7. Bake 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Recipe adapted from My Food and Family.