Each month, the Food Shelf selects a Recipe of the Month, and provides shoppers with all the ingredients necessary to prepare the dish, along with a recipe card. Our November, 2020 Recipe of the Month is Baja-Style Chicken Bowls, and is available beginning Monday, November 9th, while supplies last.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
1 lb chicken breast, diced 1 can black beans, rinsed ¼ cup canola oil & drained
1 15.5 oz. jar of salsa 1 bag frozen green peppers 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese 1 can whole kernel corn drained 4 cups of prepared rice according salt & pepper to taste to package directions.
1. Prepare rice and set aside.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, add diced chicken breast. Stir continuously and cook the chicken all the way through, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the frozen peppers and cook until slightly softened.
4. Add whole kernel corn and black beans, heat all the way through.
5. Add salsa, heat just until warm.
6. Spoon prepared rice into bowls, divide the mixture among the bowls, top with shredded cheese.
This recipe was adapted from All Recipes.